вторник, 31 марта 2009 г.


Hello Friends!
Sorry for keeping silence. We were on holidays for 2 weeks. Now were are back at school again.

First of all, many thanks for your comments about "Maslenitsa". You asked some questions about its traditions.
Here are our answers. Many of you asked about the "present" inside the bag on the pole. The main prize was a "Cock"! (alive). Some other gifts were a set of cups and plates, different souvenirs. The pole was really tall and not everydody could reach the top of it but there were some young men who were the winners. And the weather was rather cool.

Here are some Russian souvenirs which are colourful. They are made of wood. One can keep them in the kitchen for salt, sugar and so on.

Your friends
Ann, Tanya, Olga, Alina

4 комментария:

Maria M, p3, SoCal, USA комментирует...

Hello all Russians Freinds,
How does it feel to be back to school again? When we had a break I had all need of coming back to school to learn new things about life. When I was at home I always woke up and did my work knowing that my vacations were still off. Many thanks to you to for your great comments and answers about "Maslenitsa" it really helped me understand what was in the red bag but never expected to be a Cock and alive, what a great surprise, Russians. What did you do with the Cock in the red bag, did you cooked it or what?

Youa C, p3, SoCal, USA комментирует...

Hey Russian Friends,
It is great to hear back from you all. Hope the break was awesome for you guys. Thanks for letting me know what you guys get in the red bag on the pole. I think getting a cock is great and the souvenirs are absolute beautiful. What did you guys do on your breaks? Did you guys go some where nice or to the park or other enjoyable places.

PATTy SoCaL.USA per.3 комментирует...

Hello..
Oh..so thats what they had I was wondering. Well we are getting ready to go on break only for a week. I am very happy to get a break form school. You are welcome. It was alive oh my god.

Janet P. p4 SoCal USA комментирует...

Hello Friends, well it is nice that you have alot of tradition. I would love to have one of those Russian souvenirs, they look so colorfull amd pretty. How much are they? are they worth alot of money? Right here we just have regular containers to put the salt and sugar.